Sunday, May 10, 2015

Hello again!

So, it's been almost a month since my last post.  I guess that's what school will do to ya!

Since the theme of this blog is finding the beauty in life, I thought this video was very applicable.
Elizabeth Smart, a voice for abuse prevention, learned to find beauty in the ugliest of circumstances.


She's not the only one trying to prevent abuse.

I read an early version of this book, CIA Street Smarts, by a retired CIA operations officer, and found it to be a very insightful and applicable guide to being street smart.  Girls, whether you live in the city or in your parents' suburban neighborhood, I highly recommend this book.  The smallest decisions can sometimes prevent the biggest tragedies.  
You are worth it.



Beautiful thing:
People like Elizabeth Smart and B.D. Foley who work to empower women!


Peace out.

No comments: