Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Secrets to Losing Weight: Advice From a 14-Year-Old

Journals can be wonderful things.

I started consistently keeping a journal when I was a tween, and lately I've enjoyed going back to read my old entries.  I came to an entry that I wrote in 2006, when I had started to struggle a little with weight for the first time in my life (but not the last!)

14-year-old Ellie's advice on how to lose weight:
Stop worrying about it
Whatever you do, DON’T OBSESS
Seek Heavenly Father’s help
Forget about your own selfish desires and give in to the Lord’s will
When you’re feeling depressed, do something nice for someone else
Stop focusing on your weaknesses—focus on how you can help other people.

Dang, a 14-year-old came up with that??

;-)

Disclaimer: Of course I also believe in the importance of healthy eating, portion control, physical exercise, discipline, and a good sleep schedule.  But I am pretty impressed that I appreciated the importance of the mind-body-spirit connection at such a young age.  I still stand by my old advice!

No comments: