Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Secrets to Losing Weight: Advice From a 14-Year-Old

Journals can be wonderful things.

I started consistently keeping a journal when I was a tween, and lately I've enjoyed going back to read my old entries.  I came to an entry that I wrote in 2006, when I had started to struggle a little with weight for the first time in my life (but not the last!)

14-year-old Ellie's advice on how to lose weight:
• Stop worrying about it
• Whatever you do, DON’T OBSESS
• Seek Heavenly Father’s help
• Forget about your own selfish desires and give in to the Lord’s will
• When you’re feeling depressed, do something nice for someone else
• Stop focusing on your weaknesses—focus on how you can help other people.

Dang, a 14-year-old came up with that??

;-)

Disclaimer: Of course I also believe in the importance of healthy eating, portion control, physical exercise, discipline, and a good sleep schedule.  But I am pretty impressed that I appreciated the importance of the mind-body-spirit connection at such a young age.  I still stand by my old advice!

No comments: