Thursday, August 21, 2014

Living the dream!

I painted this ceiling tile at the end of my senior year in high school, to be put in the AP Art room.  
The idea was to illustrate myself rejoicing in the bright future and potential in store for my life.

 

Now, 4 years later, I revisited the classroom where my precious ceiling tile is displayed.  Here I am, with a bachelors degree, now pursuing a PhD.  I'm living the dream!  

I'm starting to see that bright, beautiful future unfold before me, behind me, and all around me.  I know that I am in the path God would have me follow.  Oh, what joy, courage, and peace that brings to my heart!  I am so grateful to God for making possible all my deepest desires and hopes.  He loves each and every one of us, His children, more than we can possibly understand... yet. ;-)


How have you seen God guiding you in your life? 
What hopes, dreams, and desires has He enabled you to pursue?
I promise you that He is well aware.  If you don't see His hand in your hopes and dreams... Well, maybe it's time to reassess what those hopes and dreams are.


- peace out -

1 comment:

AmberLee said...

Ellie, you are wonderful. And I miss you a lot. But go forth and conquer the world, touch hearts, and love God's children everywhere. That's the only thing grand enough for a person like you. Thanks for your thoughts.