Wednesday, June 4, 2014

One step at a time


"Lead kindly Light, amid the encircling gloom;
Lead thou me on!
The night is dark, and I am far from home;
Lead thou me on!
Keep thou my feet;
I do not ask to see
The distant scene--
One step enough for me."
LDS Hymn #97

So often we get overwhelmed by trying to do everything at once, to know everything right now.
But that's not how it works.

Just as little children learn to crawl before they walk,
We as God's children are taught and led by Him one step, one stage, at a time.
The way to heaven/eternal joy/salvation (however you choose to describe it) is not by teleportation.
I like to think of it as more like the ladder Jacob saw in a vision.

God knows and loves you.  If you seek to submit to His will, He will reveal what your next step is--
Not the whole plan, but certainly enough for you to move forward.  
Then you apply your faith by actually taking that step.

No comments: